Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Update: April Week 2

Lots of new seedlings ready for potting up this week as the weather stays warm. Still no sign of any rain though...

Temperatures:
Lowest Min 9.8C
Highest Max 30.5C
No Recorded Rain

Propagation:
Potting on:

Cabbage Red Dutch
Cauliflower Mini
Lettuce Red and Green Salad mix
Alyssum Royal Carpet
Kale Red Bor

Kale Vates Blue 
Purchased Curled and Italian Parsley seedlings 

Planted out:
Plarsley Curled
Parsley Italian
Celery Tendercrisp
Added to the Garlic in Bed 10



Not a lot happened in the garden last week. We were busy making toys for Microman's First Birthday!!!! His party had a Milk and Cookies theme!
Poppy Doc was busy in the workshop building a great Truck Baby Walker which happens to fit a certain set of twins in the front!! Microman himself didn't mind a ride!
I made an Elephant Softie from a pattern by Sarah at Dolls and Daydreams Here  and a Monster Bib from Stubbornly Crafty Here.  I also made a couple of Monster Softies (from Here) for the grandtwins so they didn't feel left out of all the celebrations!

4 comments:

  1. Just scrolling through your posts admiring your garden, and your cute smiling kids. You can have the mid north coast of NSW's rain if you like as my turnips are rotting with the patchy downpours which are keeping the soil soggy, and I have raised beds. Lol, I was checking out your wicking beds page back in January when we had some exceedingly hot weather and now I'm thinking of laying semi sand trenches so my seedlings won't drown before they can handle the amount of water in the beds! Mother Nature does like to keep us on our toes :).
    Cheers, Robyn xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo Robyn Yes please to any rain you could spare!!!
      No it doesn't sound like you need wicking beds where you live (lucky you) although I do see how too much rain can be just as annoying to a gardener!
      Hope your weather improves and your garden can start to grow again!

      Delete
  2. We've had such a hard Winter it is unheard of to have bare trees in the middle of April. Finally I think Spring is here, I'm just about to get going on my allotment. Looks like you will have a selection of veggies through your Winter there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Matron I hope your warm spring weather lasts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly. Email address is in my profile or use the "click here to email me" on the side bar ------->

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails