Friday, 18 May 2012

Basil in May

Back in February (see here) I told you about the Basil Seed Mats from Mr Fothergill's. I thought it was time to post an update.

Late in March I transplanted the growing seedlings into a Wicking Box I have in the Greenhouse. They took off in the extra warm Autumn weather we had and are now ready for a first harvest.

With minor frosts occurring regularly now I am glad I put these into the greenhouse so far they have suffered no frost damage. It's great to have fresh Basil from the garden at this time of the year.

I have cut each plant almost in half so this should encourage a bushier growth pattern.

I am looking forward to using these little seed mats for my Spring sowing of Basil as I believe every seed germinated and they were so easy to use.

Check out the rest of the seeds in this range too.
Chives
Coriander
Flat Leaved Parsley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails