My latest heap has a variety of ingredients:
- A base layer of chopped Asparagus fronds that had died back for the winter this is to allow plenty of air beneath the heap.
- Shredded paper that had been bedding in the chook house so it was mixed with lots of old chooky poop
- A bale of Certified Organic Sugar Cane Mulch
- Cow Manure from our farmer friends
- Nettles and Dandelions from the chook runs
- Wattle and fruit tree leaf litter
- Azolla from an overgrown pond!
- Chopped Broad Bean foliage from Bed1
More Information on Compost Making HERE