Friday, 31 October 2008

My Spot

This is my favourite spot in the garden...I sit on that log and count all the sunflowers and straw flowers, the cosmos and calendulas, the nigella and alyssum that are popping up all the time.

I watch the yarrow and tansy, the rosemary and lavender, the correas and arctotis, the erigeron and oregano, the golden marjoram, borage and wallflowers that I've planted as they settle in and start to flower.

Even the clovers and dandelions flower and attract the beneficial insects that take care of my garden.

In the evenings and first thing in the morning this area is alive with busy garden friends...damsel flies and honey bees, the native bees and ladybirds, the dragonflies and hoverflies...and scurrying through the undergrowth are skinks and geckos.

Common Bluetail Damselfly - Ischnura heterosticta

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails