Wednesday, 18 July 2007

Bloggers for Positive Global Change Award


Rhonda over at Down--- to---Earth has nominated me for a Bloggers for Positive Global Change Award.
Thank you Rhonda!
I don't usually participate in memes or tags. But I've had a long think about this one. OK a very long think about it!

Here are some good blogs I've been reading for a while and a couple of new ones too. I guess it doesn't matter if they've already been nominated they can have another one!! :)

The first is Allotment Lady in UK.
It was from reading her blog about her large allotment (and her chickens) and all the great things she does with her harvests that inspired me to begin blogging.
I know she doesn't like memes and tags either but I'll nominate her anyway.

Next is Lucky's Duck Farm.
Lucky's keen on growing veggies and keeping poultry but lives in the suburban outskirts of Adelaide (our capital city). I hope her blog encourages other city folk to grow more of their own food.

I've been reading another English blog for a while now.
Sustainable Garden
As the owner's profile reads:
"We will look back on these times as a kind of dark ages. We will wonder how we ever allowed ourselves to live this way, with no thought to our impact on the world around us. "
I have to agree with him there!

The next blog Garden Desk
I've only just found but the owner Marc is working on another great site. He's collecting blog entries on vegetable growing from around the world and presenting them Here on the Veggie Garden Info site. I'm sure this will become (it already is) a valuable reference tool!

The final nominee is a very new blog by a fellow Aussies Living Simply member and it's called Our Patch. Ali and her family have got some interesting things happening in Queensland Australia where it's warm enough to grow lot's of vegetables in the backyard all year round!

This bit I've copied from Rhonda's site. ;)

Fellow Positive Global Change Award recipients, it’s easy to participate in this meme. At minimum, you can proudly display the BPGC badge (Click here for the image url) on your blog and bask in the glow of our collective good will. If you are sharing the kudos, however, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.The participation rules are simple:
1. When you get tagged, write a post with links to up to 5 blogs that you think are trying to change the world in a positive way.
2. In your post, make sure you link back to so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Leave a comment or message for the bloggers you’re tagging, so they know they’re now part of the meme.
4. Optional: Proudly display the “Bloggers For Positive Global Change” award badge with a link to the post that you write up.

Now I have to let all my nominees know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails