Thursday, 22 March 2007

March Equinox

The March Equinox (the time when the sun is directly over the equator) occured at 10.39 am (our time) on Wednesday 21st March 2007.
This marked the end of summer in my garden.

On Sunday 25th March our daylight saving time ends.
This also changes the way I work in the garden. I won't be able to garden outside after work as much as I have been doing during Summer.

Our Water Restriction times are changing so that we don't have to be outside watering in the dark.
Hand-held hoses with a trigger nozzle and drippers can be used between 6am and 9am and from 5pm to midnight on any day.
Although if the rain continues like it has this week maybe we won't need to water as much and the water tank is brimming!!

With the shortening of daylight hours crops like Spinach grow well so I'll be planting more on the 29th March, along with my Broccoli and Leek and other Greens seedlings I have waiting to go in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails