Friday, 30 March 2007

Garden Log 29 Mar 07

The entry in the moon planting guide read:
Bok Choy, Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli under water sign, Silver Beet, English Spinach, Cabbage, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Endive, Leeks, Lettuce, Onions.

So I planted the Purple Peacock Broccoli seedlings I had waiting into bed 6. I left the pots around them to stop any pesky meanies eating them straight away.

The Royal Leeks went into a Tank Bed in the Dog Pen Garden (they are around the edge). Some of the Rainbow Silverbeet went here to and into Bed 9 to replace the Spinach which the grasshoppers had eaten as it emerged.

Triple Curled Parsley and violas went into a Tank Bed with the emerging Gringo Garlic planted there.

Last week our local harware store had seedlings on special so I bought some flower seedlings. I haven't mastered the timing for planting flowers from seed yet so these have been planted around the vegetable garden to brighten it up in winter.

I planted some tiny White Chrysanthemums around the Broccoli as white flowers are supposed to fool the White Butterflies into believing there are already some of their 'own' in this area and so they should avoid it. That's the theory anyway, don't know how well it works but they will look pretty anyway!

I planted some Yellow (Goblin) Chrysanthemums in between some Cream 'Tinkerbelle' Violas on the edge of Bed 1

Some 'Tiger Eyes' Violas into the Tank Beds and tyres in the Dog Pen Garden.

It was drizzling with rain as I planted these so they didn't even need watering in straight away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails