Tuesday, 28 November 2006

Distant Rumblings

Yesterday was No Water Monday, "Monday For the Murray" as they like to say. On current our water restrictions (soon to change again) we are allowed to use sprinklers (I don't use or have any, anyway) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays because we live in an even numbered house. Those that live in an odd numbered house can sprinkle on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and Monday is left for the Murray, the river we (and many others in SA) get our water from.
With extremely hot temperatures forecast for the rest of the week not watering yesterday was not a comfortable thought.
In the morning Thunder began rumbling in the distance.... then huge thunderstorm drops of rain began to fall!!! A very quick downfall but maybe more to come??


The birds were all happy that it topped up their bird bath but even though there was another storm overnight we barely recorded 1 mm... But they are forecasting more storms for Thursday this week albeit with 37C degree temps... Argh

2 comments:

  1. Hi Scarecrow, I love your blog (I do love to sticky beak at other people's gardens, lol), and I will be checking back in regularly to see how you are going :-) Here's hoping for a mild (and relatively wet!) summer.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey crazy mumma,
    Great to hear from you. I have checked out your blogs too. Now I'll have to leave you a message too!! lol
    Yes I like to read other gardening blogs too!
    See ya round

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly. Email address is in my profile or use the "click here to email me" on the side bar ------->

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails